Saturday, November 19, 2011

There Are Cute Maternity Clothes Out There Now

I have never been pregnant, so never had to buy or wear maternity clothes. I remember as a young girl thinking that women seemed to be depressed about their pregnancies. Don't really know why I thought that. They just always seemed to be complaining, and they looked disheveled a lot of the time. They didn't look like they felt well, and maybe they didn't. Somehow I got the impression pregnancy was a real pain in the ass, something not fun. Maybe part of the reason that I myself never got pregnant. 

Maybe had I been around more positive pregnant women early on, I would have wanted to get pregnant too. Seems like people celebrate being pregnant now more. They have fun showers and wear cute maternity clothes, even if they have to wear plus size maternity clothes. (However, when one mom told me that she wears plus size maternity clothes, I was shocked. To me, she did not look plus size.) Also, doesn't every pregnant woman really have to wear plus size maternity clothes?

Anyway, today it seems like women are happier about being pregnant. Back when I was young, it seemed more like drudgery. Of course, maybe part of it is today women have more choice about whether to get pregnant or not. Back then, it was just expected. 

No comments: