Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Need To Get Some Chi Chi Clothes

I have been cleaning out my closets--long overdue--and I have been making a lot of trips to Goodwill. I tend to get attached to clothes and keep them long past their usefulness. I look at them and remember when I wore them. Oh yes--that is the outfit I wore when he "noticed" me. That is the pair of slack I wore t the inauguration. You get the drift. it makes me happy to look at these items, so I don't feel bad about keeping them way past the point of practicality. I don't have that many of those items.

I have a lot more items that I can pitch without a second's thought.  For example, the plus size dress that I thought was attractive until I saw a really unattractive woman wear it--that went immediately into the Goodwill pile.Or the many tops and skirts that I bought that are so-so. Pitch.

The thing that bothered me was looking at all the skinny dresses I can't wear anymore. My wardrobe used to be pretty snazzy. I know I could get in shape again and wear similar styles. I don't know why I haven't. I think I just haven't had time. Or the energy. But I need to do it and soon.

But in the meantime, I need to get some more attractive clothes. I have noticed that today a plus size dress
can be very stylish, as much so as a smaller size. I like to feel good and confident when I go out, especially if I am going to be in a difficult or awkward situation, and the right clothes can make a difference. Or the right clothes can set the mood for romance.

So, I am going to look for a plus size dress or two that makes me feel like a babe. But it will be only temporary, until I can get into those skinny dresses again.

No comments: