Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sexual Harassment And Exploitation Must Stop

There have been two unsavory accounts of sexual misdeeds and crimes in the news in the last couple of days. First are the allegations against Cain that he sexually harassed multiple women years ago. The second, more heinous, are the allegations that Jerry Sandusky of Penn State sexually molested multiple young boys over many years.

First of all, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Cain is guilty. Why? Because some men think they are entitled to do such things and that they can get away with it. Why do I know? Because it happened to me. I was sexually harassed by a boss in my early 20s, and it was just seen as par for the course by him and others in the office. I was the youngest in the office by many years and had no one to stick up for me. Of course, Cain could be telling the truth. But I doubt it. As I have heard one talking head say, if you were accused of sexually harassing someone, even 12 years earlier, wouldn't you remember it? The fact that he says he doesn't is very suspicious.

The Penn State case is just heart wrenching. Those poor little boys and no one really did anything about it.  This case is as bad as the Catholic priests scandal. I too am sure that Sandusky is guilty. Again going out on a limb. Just a hunch.

The bottom line is that both of these cases involve men thinking that they can do what they want with their chosen sex objects: women children. It is disgusting and has to stop once and for all.

No comments: